Tuesday, February 22, 2011

#5 The Social Network (2010)


I know last time we ended with considering a Star Trek movie, and I did consider it. Then I decided that if you wanted to read my Star Trek blog you would, and that it wouldn't be fair to my Treky fans out there. Also, I didn't get a chance to watch it, not that I would really need to watch it again to blog about it. I have seen all of the TNG movies so many times I know them by heart.
Anyways.... The Social Network starring Jesse Eisenberg, you know the curly haired kid from Zombieland? Ooo Zombieland was a good one, mental note. 
Also unfortunately starring Justin Timberlake. I know this was supposed to be his big break-out role as a serious actor, but I wasn't convinced. I think he did a terrible job, and ruined every scene he was in for me. If you ask me he should just go back to what he knows.  

Overall the movie was good, I guess. I don't think it will deserve the Academy Award it most undoubtedly will receive. I think the movie made Mark Zuckerberg look like a creepy jerk. I have seen almost all the videos available of his lectures at various meetings at colleges and have always found him to be a well spoken person.
He is likened to Rainman in this movie, which I refuse to believe is true. I know you have to have that certain something about you to be able to start something like Facebook, but that does not always include being a hermit like asshole. I don't know I think this movie just rubbed me the wrong way somehow. I think Eisenberg did an amazing job, not as Zuckerberg but at changing his demeanor, he is almost always a nerd, but this time he played an outright jerk as well.

I haven't gotten to TV yet, and that is not without trying. There has been very little good TV lately, if it's out there I must be missing it because pickings are slim. I will keep you updated on that front.
On a final note, to those of you who emailed me about the buried kitty pic from last week. Let us not be stupid, no kitties are hurt in the making of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment