Thursday, March 10, 2011

#8 Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)

Let me start by admitting that I watched 45% of this movie with my eyes open. What of it my husband and I heard over my screams and an on going argument over whether I can survive finishing the movie with the light on or not, made the plot slightly confusing. Then there was the three pauses so I could find the dog (I don't like movies that hurt puppies). I am not usually this big of a wuss something about this movie and its predecessor kills me every time.
Excluding all of the distractions, this was an overall good movie. Staring a bunch of nobodies including the two from the original Katie Featherson, and Micah Sloat. What they don't tell you in the previews is that this is actually a prequel to the original. With much better camera work. Instead of the whole film shot Blair Witch style, after the house is ripped to pieces by their first paranormal event, which they rationalize as a break in, the family decides to install a house wide surveillance system instead of an alarm system. Which is sort of impractical and silly but it makes the quality of the movie much better.
In this movie we understand all of the missing pieces from the first movie, why the demon is after Katie's family. It turns out some distant ancestor sold their linage's first born male to the demon for wealth. Unfortunately, it took almost 50 years for a male to be born in that family. Cue in Katie's sister's son Hunter. So long story short with help from Google Hunter's step sister and father figure out what's going on and send the demon, which is now possessing Katie's sister into Katie, because she does not have a child. Sorry Micah it's not gonna work out for you.
I'm guessing they choose to ignore the alternate ending from the original because it wouldn't make this ending make any since. Instead of killing herself Katie comes back to her sister's house to finish everybody else off. Even though in the closing credits of the first movie it said she was never seen again. I guess in films nowadays we pick and choose what we feel is important when making a sequel. GOD that pisses me off. The ending was stupid anyway. They were off to a decent start I was officially completely freaked out and I am sure my husband will have a scar from how tight I was holding on to him. Then they had to bring me back to reality by fucking with logic. DAMN IT!

Anyways, it was a good enough movie, just don't watch the end of it if you have a brain or have seen the first one. I am still a little freaked out from it. Which is sad, you never saw anything really scary in the movie it is all psychological. The BOOM sound in a silent house, the thought that there is something else in the house is terrifying. So much so I have had to listen to my Charlie and The Chocolate Factory soundtrack for most of the morning to get my mind off of it! Screw you scary movie zombie movies are better anyways.

Speaking of zombies, I have decided that the first TV blogisode will be about The Walking Dead, in fact I am adding it to my queue right now. It will be a while it's at the end of a VERY long list.

No comments:

Post a Comment